Business Development Manager
Posted on: August 13, 2020
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
CloudMedx is building a world-class clinical AI platform that uses healthcare-specific NLP and machine learning to generate healthcare insights to improve patient journeys.
CloudMedx aims to bring unprecedented scale and simplicity to healthcare by combining evidence-based algorithms and big data architecture. We use NLP to make sense of a wide variety of structured and unstructured data that is stored in clinical workflows. By using our scale and machine learning algorithms, clinical partners at all levels can derive meaningful and real-time insights from their data and intervene at critical junctures of patient care.
The Business Development Manager is responsible to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. Define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The BDM is also responsible for managing existing clients and ensuring they stay satisfied and positive. This is a senior sales position that requires extensive communication with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities. The BDM is responsible for selling into medium to large-sized healthcare organizations and must have prior experience selling into hospitals, insurance providers and pharmaceuticals. The BDM reports directly to the CEO.
New Business Development
- Run analytics on client data and come up with trends and patterns to optimize our reach to our customers
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision-makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision-makers and the company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Understand a prospect’s business needs and work with the expert teams to develop a tailored digital marketing proposal
- Identify common new business prospects and cross-sell integrated search and affiliate proposition
- Be the point of contact for existing list of clients
- Take customer feedback and incorporate them into priority listing for new features, product improvements, and scenarios
- Take customer data and run analysis to facilitate their usage of CloudMedx platform.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend and represent CloudMedx at industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
- Work closely with Marketing to identify appropriate go to market messaging for specific business sectors
- 5-10 years of sales or marketing experience selling into healthcare organizations. (Experience in the healthcare sector is a must)
- A bachelor’s degree, MBA is preferred
- Prospecting and Closing Skills
- Market Knowledge
- Territory Management
- Tenacious & creative sales approach
- Driven and motivated by results
- Passionate about performance marketing
- Strong presenter and negotiator
- Excellent written skills
- Organized with good attention to detail
- A self-starter who can spot new opportunities
- Able to work as part of a wide and varied team